When deciding which college to go to for the next four years, it really is therefore valuable to look at the educational school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student on each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience could possibly be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, here’s an outline associated with steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, if you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our website to get more information about how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you have a better chance of getting the sort of housing you want the earlier you apply. Even if you are maybe not 100% sure you’re visiting USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you’ll have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will also register for courses with a educational advisor. You will be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company times once you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB Higher Level exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are very happy to help answr fully your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the united states (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted into the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing students with the opportunity to connect to students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth in the nation for sending pupils abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not wish to keep away from USC for too much time, we also offer many summer programs. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past locations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can boost their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer coping with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students because of the opportunity to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate a concern that is global in scope. They then travel to your area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are to be had in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, in order to name several!
In shmoop.pro addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re truly a global place!