Apply On Line
Apply on line now getting down the aisle quicker. Print out of the verification web web page and carry it into our workplace and your your lover. Our target is workplace regarding the Clerk and Recorder, Webb Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 101 in downtown Denver.
Our workplaces are available 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., through Friday monday. Our company is closed on municipal breaks.
The marriage department if you are using assistive technology and are unable to access the content of the documents, please contact.
Criteria & Procedures
How exactly to submit an application for a wedding or Civil Union permit
To use for a permit, both both you and your partner must can be found in person portal link in the office regarding the Clerk and Recorder, situated on the very first flooring regarding the Webb Municipal business building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver.
Save time by applying online. Take a look at this guide to assist you sail through the application form procedure.
Our workplace hours are 8 a.m. To 4:30 p.m., through Friday monday. Our workplace is closed on municipal vacations.
Questions you will be expected
- The date that you will be getting married
- What your location is marrying (permit just legitimate in Colorado)
- The date that is exact location of one’s breakup or past partner’s death. Both events should be in a position to offer these details. If perhaps you were formerly in a civil union and so are marrying another person, you need to offer the title of one’s partner within the civil union.
- Know your relationship if associated by bloodstream
- The town and state where moms and dads of both ongoing events had been created
- The wedding permit cost is $30, payable by cash, credit or check card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). A summary of charges can here be found.
- You may possibly marry in front of a judge, by way of a spiritual ceremony, or by self-solemnizing (this means you marry by signing the certificate yourselves)
- The certification should be finalized in Colorado within 35 days through the date the permit ended up being given
- The finished wedding certification (and connected license) should be came back towards the Clerk and Recorder for recording within 63 times after solemnization. From then on date, belated charges will use
- Bloodstream tests are not necessary in Colorado, and there’s no period that is waiting
- Candidates do not need to be Colorado residents
Both you and your meant spouse each must provide one of these brilliant valid kinds of identification
- U.S. Driver that is state-issued permit or allow
- U.S. State-issued ID
- U.S. Armed forces ID
- Passport this is certainly bilingual or multilingual and includes English or passport having A english that is certified language if non-English
The title in the permit shall appear just as it really is in the IDs offered to us.
You need to provide a Social Security quantity when you yourself have one. If an individual for the ongoing events doesn’t have a Social Security quantity (these are typically from a different country or they have been in the act of acquiring U.S. Citizenship), they’re not necessary to get one to have married.
Take note: Birth certificates, baptismal certificates and Foreign Consular IDs are not acceptable types of identification for wedding or union that is civil. A delivery certificate may be employed to verify date of delivery when presented along side one of several valid kinds of recognition in the list above.
Ceremonies, Officials & Personal Solemnization
Your wedding must then be solemnized the wedding application and certification must certanly be recorded.
A married relationship could be solemnized by the officiant that has been ordained or identified by a religious denomination, a judge of a court, a retired judge, a court magistrate, a general public official whose capabilities consist of solemnization of marriages, A indigenous United states tribal official or anybody you like who is ordained.
Clergy ordained away from state need not be registered in Colorado to do a marriage.
Denver County Court keeps a summary of judges whom perform weddings through the on weekends, and in the evenings week.
The solemnizing official will finish your wedding certification.